Sunday, December 5, 2010

Will Facebook Ever Stop Evolving?? I think not..

While we seem to talk about Facebook and its role in our lives, the privacy issues, and what personality types tend to use it more, I came across yet ANOTHER article on CNN about the ever changing Facebook. As much as it is informative, and yes there are some cool features brought about by various changes, it got me thinking...Will Facebook ever exist where it is not always being updated, or new features being added? It seems as though every other week I stumble across an article that details the upcoming changes Facebook is going to make. Recently, Facebook has had a lot of privacy issues being questioned, and if it continues to change day after day, its almost impossible to keep track of anything.

The article I read talks about the most recent change on the site, where users have the option of "revamping" their profiles. You should definitely read this article, as I am sure most of us will update our profile in the near future! Nothing exactly stands out as a negative in terms of the changes, but its just hard to keep up with (at least for me it is! haha) The article also mentions future plans that the Facebook creator has in store. Very interesting!

I am curious to see what you all think about this! Any thoughts?!

http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/05/technology/facebook_profile_overhaul/index.htm?hpt=T2

2 comments:

  1. i agree! i probably couldn't even remember what facebook looked like when i first got one. who knows what it'll look like a year from now, if it's still around that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m currently not on Facebook due to trying to focus more on finals....but this is getting out of control. I could barely figure out Facebook before and its changing.

    I think the evolution of Facebook is turning into another MySpace and twitter creation. Its individuality is not lacking.
    No longer is just the college social network -- but its supposedly "the" social network, but where is its individuality... like the @ ( stole it from twitter) .... what next # (hash tags) too??

    ReplyDelete